Five Stories: “The Clean-Energy Revolution Gathers Speed”
Here are five recommended reads for today (11/19/15).
- A Scientific American article entitled “The Clean-Energy Revolution Gathers Speed” argues that “[l]ess polluting energy sources are proliferating in the U.S.” and that “[i]f other nations join in, the results could have global impact.”
- The New York Times reports, “The British government on Wednesday called for the closing of all coal-fired power plants in the country by 2025, and proposed that use of the plants be restricted two years before that.”
- In The Guardian, the Director-General of the International Renewable Energy Agency argues that renewables “are changing the climate narrative from sacrifice to opportunity.”
- The Union of Concerned Scientists calls out “Flaws in a Mining Industry ‘Study’ of the Clean Power Plan.”
- InsideClimate News reports, “Rebuilding the U.S. energy industry to substantially reduce reliance on carbon-based fuels may result in a net gain of 2 million jobs by 2050 while increasing disposable household income, according to a new study sponsored by a nonprofit that advocates clean energy.”
SHARE WITH FRIENDS: Tweet